Monday, April 5, 2010

yours for the taking

I confess hope and faith. I tell you beautiful things. I bring you out into the cold night air beside a cemetery. In the town I see Christmas lights and hear thunder from distant train yards. If you come close I’ll set fire to your heart, touch you with a realization that puts the ages to shame. I’ll awaken you from the nightmares you mistook for reality. You’ll be burning cinders under my touch, blissful free innocence and wise old age at once. I offer you honor forever. I carry a gift that will stop your world turning and collapse its heavens. I know one thing that will brush away everything. Tonight will be a blood oath to comrades, a wedding, a mystery sweetened by the sadness of what was but is no more.


9/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment